Saturday, 2 July 2011

I'm innocent, yet I'm convicted: Maria Susairaj

After walking free from jail today, Maria Susairaj addresses the media in Mumbai. Sitting next to her lawyer, Maria said, "I don't want to comment on the case. Court has pronounced its verdict. I've left my past behind. I'm not sure of my future. I have my family to decide for me. Time in jail it was a blessing because i became close to god. I painted in jail. I still have not digested the fact that I'm convicted. "

When asked about Neeraj, she said, "I don't want to comment on Neeraj". On Jerome, she said she has not been in touch with him.

Meanwhile, Neeraj's friends stage protest at the press conference. They were holding placards against her.

Maria's lawyer says Neeraj's body was not cut into pieces as is being said in the news.  He said Maria will challenge court's verdict. As soon as they get a copy of the judgement, they will take the next action.

No comments:

Post a Comment